Guys guys guys! Are you J Tillman fans? Now you can be Son Tillman fans, too!


So Joshua [ J. ] Tillman has made quite the name for himself as a folk singer even outside of his role as the drummer for Seattle-based Fleet Foxes who are *so hot right now*. If you didn't catch it I put up a brief post for the beautiful "First Born" video a while back.  Anyway there is really no information about this - supposedly there is an LP coming soon? You'll have to ask the folks at Aquarium Drunkard about that because they seem to be privy to information no one else has. Wherever it's going, I like it. It's J. Tillman with an uptempo, new approach to a familiar voice ( and maybe a full band? ) and I like it.

If you don't believe me, go listen to the tracks on his myspace. Also listen to this sneak peak provided by Aquarium Drunkard:

Also according to his blog he is writing a novel in installments? Here is a sample:

"Settling down at the head of the table, I got the rare privilege of looking into the eyes of my kids and saying, "Today your Daddy stood on top of one of the most dangerous mountains in the world. A mountain so big, it straddles two countries."

Hallucinating with awe, they managed, "What two countries, Daddy?"

"France and Italy." I said, before eating the goddamn best-tasting dinner of my life and then sleeping like a rock.

I swear to God."

Read more here. P.S. if you know more about this than I do please fill me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment